Sure (Isle of Man) Limited (Sure) is licensed to provide telecommunications systems of every description within the Isle of Man. The licence was issued on 01/06/2006 and continues in perpetuity. Previously, Sure was owned by Cable and Wireless Isle of Man Limited.
A consolidated version of the licence issued under the Telecommunications Act 1984 plus the associated amendments are available to view and download below.
- Sure (Isle of Man) Limited Consolidated Licence
- Licence modification issued 18/07/2008 amending the mobile licence to a full licence
- Licence modification issued 18/03/2013 imposing a Condition relating to Metering and Billing
- Licence modification issued 17/10/2013 imposing additional obligations in respect to provision of 4G services
- Licence modification issued 08/07/2014 to impose General Access and Interconnect obligations and various typographical amendments
- Licence modification issued 13/11/2015 amending the accounting period for licence fee payments
- Licence modification issued 16/11/2016 imposing Schedule 5 Exceptions and Conditions Relating to the Application of the Telecommunications Code
In addition, Sure is also licensed to use various spectrum bands under the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006 (of Parliament). For further details please visit the Ofcom website.
Page Last Updated 21 August 2020